The safety of our employees is very important. We expect all employees to be safety-conscious, follow safety rules, and to immediately alert management to any conditions in the work place that are believed to be unsafe or unhealthy. Accident prevention is important to the well being of our employees and visitors and also a factor in our costs and profits. When an accident does occur, ask yourself how it could have been prevented and take the necessary steps to prevent a similar accident in the future.
Violation of safety and security rules is a serious offense warranting disciplinary action, including termination.
Our statement of general policy are:
• to provide adequate control of the health and safety risks arising from our work activities;
• to consult with our employees on matters affecting their health and safety;
• to provide and maintain safe plant and equipment;
• to ensure safe handling and use of substances;
• to provide information, instruction and supervision for employees;
• to ensure all employees are competent to do their tasks, and to give them adequate training;
• to prevent accidents and cases of work-related ill health;
• to maintain safe and healthy working conditions;
• to achieve zero accident and;
• to review and revise this policy as necessary at regular intervals.